Job Opening: Production Manager
Come join our production team!
We’re looking for a project manager.
Job Title: Project Manager, Client specific
FLSA status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Production
Position summary: This is a junior-level position that will take on increasing responsibilities in Project Management as a member of the Production team, ensuring successful planning, production, record-keeping and communications in delivery of TPN projects for single client. The position serves a pivotal role in supporting the client as a single point of contact. In keeping with TPN’s mission and core values, the PM works graciously under pressure, fosters a respectful and collaborative work environment, manages ambiguity, and can prioritize and express creativity and flexibility in problem-solving.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Superb organizational skills.
- Demonstrated working experience in exhibits and/or promotional events.
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment and communicate calmly, clearly, and effectively to vendors, client and coworkers in a fast-paced, frequently changing work environment.
- Ability to balance short- and long-range project work.
- High-level attention to detail and independent problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed and motivated to continuously improve.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of people.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to read site plans.
- Aptitude/curiosity to learn about technical and logistical aspects of events and exhibits.
Communication & Coordination
- Coordinate logistics, routine tasks and administrative tasks directly related to team projects onsite and in the office.
- Prioritize and manage tasks for the client as assigned, including preparing and delivering show forms, coordinating travel arrangements, per diem and cash advances, and expense reconciliations (including credit cards, cash advances and cash reimbursements).
- Facilitate and support communications and project management between TPN team members and vendors, keeping the Lead PM and/or Account Executive up to date at all times.
- Ensure that all communications are professional, timely and lead toward successful project delivery and client satisfaction.
- Create and manage project timelines as necessary.
- Research and present vendor information to aid in vendor selection on projects.
Finance & Reporting
- Responsible for project job-closing tasks including timely reporting of time and expenses, follow up on vendor services payments, completion of as-built drawings, final project income and expenses, and project evaluations.
- Generate, monitor and maintain complete project budgets and documentation from proposal through project completion, in collaboration with the Account Executive. This includes generating and managing schedules, budgets, invoices and inventory information. Training will be provided in this area and budget responsibilities will be taken on gradually as appropriate.
- Support the management of on-site vendors and services.
- 1-2 years experience in a project-based business environment preferred;
- Experience interfacing directly with clients to deliver projects;
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Reporting to this position: There are no positions that report to the PM.