Job Opening: Project Manager
Job Title: Project Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Production
Position summary: This mid-level position will play a vital role within the Production team and ensure successful planning, production, record-keeping and communications in the delivery of TPN exhibit, convention and expo-related projects. The Project Manager will support clients as a single-management-point for all venue, vendor and service provider needs. In keeping with TPN’s mission and core values, the PM works graciously under pressure, fosters a respectful and collaborative work environment, manages ambiguity and can prioritize and express creativity and flexibility in problem-solving.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Superb organizational skills
- Demonstrated working experience in exhibits, tradeshows, expos and/or promotional events
- Ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment and communicate calmly, clearly and effectively to vendors, clients and coworkers in a fast-paced, frequently changing work environment
- Ability to balance short and long-range project work
- High-level attention to detail and independent problem-solving skills
- Self-directed and motivated to continuously improve
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse group of people
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to read site plans
- Aptitude/curiosity to learn about technical and logistical aspects of events and exhibits
Communication & Coordination
- Coordinate logistics, routine tasks and administrative tasks directly related to team projects onsite and in the office
- Prioritize and manage tasks for clients as assigned including preparing and delivering show forms, coordinating travel arrangements, per diem and cash advances and expense reconciliations (including credit cards, cash advances and cash reimbursements)
- Facilitate and support communications and project management between TPN team members and vendors while keeping the Director of Production and/or Account Executive up to date at all times.
- Ensure that all communications are professional, timely and lead toward successful project delivery and client satisfaction
- Create and manage project timelines as necessary
- Research and present vendor information to aid in vendor selection on projects
Finance & Reporting
- Responsible for project job-closing tasks including timely reporting of time and expenses, follow-up on vendor services payments, final project income and expenses and project evaluations
- Generate, monitor and maintain complete project budgets and documentation from proposal through project completion, which includes generating and managing schedules, budgets, invoices and inventory information
- Support the management of on-site vendors and services
- 5+ years of experience in an event/project-based business environment preferred
- Experience interfacing directly with clients to deliver projects
- Undergraduate degree preferred but not required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
Reporting to this position: There are no positions that report to the PM.
Physical requirements and working conditions: Requires travel to event locations up to 70 days/year (domestic and/or international), and the availability to work weekends and nights as project timelines and client needs require. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Must possess mobility for the following: work in a standard office setting and the use of standard office equipment including a computer; attend meetings at various sites within and away from the TPN office; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone in English.
TPN is a global experience marketing company dedicated to making unforgettable live and virtual events, exhibits and shows happen. We thrive on dreaming up, producing and executing extraordinary shows — and the adrenaline rush that goes along with them. As a team, we’re collaborative problem solvers who love dogs, value work-life balance, and are lucky enough to partner with extraordinary brands and people we genuinely like — which might explain how and why we’ve been doing this work for nearly 30 years.
Send Resume + Cover Letter to: