Job Opening: Technical Director
Job Title: Technical Director (Freelance/Contractor)
Position Summary: The Technical Director for TPN is a senior-level expert who oversees live event and broadcast AV system design and onsite AV management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in event AV system design, engineering, screen switching, projection and LED design, audio reinforcement and implementation.
- Expertise in video/data projection and pixel spaces, AV system engineering, and computer/media server interface with audio/video.
- Strong curiosity and training skills to propel TPN’s position ahead of new technologies in AV system design.
- Strong background in satellite, broadcast, and web casting technologies.
- Strong customer service skills with proven experience representing the employer and interfacing with the client.
- Proven experience successfully and positively managing multiple vendor teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot calmly and professionally in dynamic, high pressure situations.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and computer); adept at communicating with clients, co-workers, managers and vendors.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio, (or other flow-chart applications).
- Responsible for the overall technical success of the event.
- Develop event technical specifications for purposes of vendor bids.
- Review vendor bids and provide vendor selection recommendations.
- Negotiate with vendors on pricing, equipment requirements, and labor recommendations.
- Provide technical supervision of AV vendors and crews throughout a project including on-site supervision.
- Recommend technical strategies that enhance an event and deliver cost-effective solutions.
- Seek innovative solutions within an appropriate level of risk.
- Provide achievable technical consultation on high-profile and mission-critical events.
- Collaborate collegially with TPN Producers, Production Managers, Technical Managers and Designers, as well as client-provided vendors, partners, venue representatives and local authorities.
- Communicate with all stakeholders to deliver technical and graphic specifications.
- Work proactively with client & team members to ensure technical requirements and recommended solutions match the project needs.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on event experience in an AV or broadcast television supervisory capacity.
- College degree preferred but not required.
Work History and References:
- Please provide 10 years of work history. References required upon request.
TPN is an experiential marketing company based in Seattle dedicated to making unforgettable live and virtual events, exhibits and shows happen. We thrive on dreaming up, producing and executing extraordinary shows — and the adrenaline rush that goes along with them. As a team, we’re collaborative problem solvers who love dogs, value work-life balance, and are lucky enough to partner with extraordinary brands and people we genuinely like — which might explain how and why we’ve been doing this work for nearly 30 years. Join our network!
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com